Lyon metro line B
Extension to line B of the Lyon metro, from Gerland to Oullins.
This line, eagerly awaited by the residents of Lyon’s south-western suburbs, now puts the central Part-Dieu business district a mere 15-minute journey from the multimodal station in Oullins (SNCF train station, park-and-ride facility, TCL bus station, etc.).
From the design phase through to manufacture and installation, Mobility’s teams worked on the high-voltage sections of the transport systems, as well as the tunnel ventilation and smoke extraction systems: testing of electrical and automatic control systems, airflow performance, tunnel and station smoke extraction (warm fumes), acoustic compliance, etc. This work enabled validation of the HV/LV and motive power systems, as well as the tunnel ventilation system in air renewal and smoke extraction modes.
Design, implementation and commissioning of the high voltage and motive electrical power supplies.
Design, implementation and commissioning of the ventilation system.
- 1.8 km extension (of which 1.4 km in tunnel) passing beneath the river Rhône and the A7 motorway
- Four plants with 8 propeller fans, dampers and sound attenuators
- Six booster fans
- Three HV/LV stations
- 45 km of HV cables + 13 km of LV cables
- 18 km of cable trays
- 1,000 inputs / outputs
- 130 tonnes of equipment to be handled
- Ventilation / air conditioning of service rooms
- Smoke extraction for the Oullins station plaza, meeting requirements for facilities open to the public