Le Havre tram
Creation of Le Havre’s first tram line.
13 km Y-shaped line, linking the lower town to the Mont-Gaillard and Caucriauville districts in the upper town.
Major environmental commitment from CODAH, through its request for innovative systems to reduce the tram's power consumption.
- Sizing, design, provision, installation and validation of motive equipment, including a regenerative braking system. This was the first time such a system was installed on French trams.
- Installation of 35 km of overhead contact line, seven power substations and a ventilation and smoke extraction system for the Jenner tunnel.
Overhead contact line:
- 35 km of 150 mm² contact line
- 69 H poles at the Maintenance Centre
- 556 slim cylindrical poles on line
- Work in low-clearance tunnel
- Validation of the design basis for the motive power network and optimisation of the energy recovery system design.
- Seven rectifier stations
- Fittings in the Maintenance Centre.
- Three energy recovery systems
- LV equipment in 23 passenger stations
- Smoke extraction for the Jenner tunnel:
- 3D smoke extraction simulation
- 10× 40 kW booster fans