Nice tram lines T2-T3
Delivery date: 2019 – Client: Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolitan Area
Manage traffic safety on lines T2 and T3 of the Nice tram system.
- Design, supply, installation and commissioning of the new-generation railway SIL4 safety signalling system using safety PLCs, along the entire length of the line, on the surface, in tunnel, and at the maintenance and stabling area.
- The system is more compact, more simple to upgrade or scale-up and faster to deploy than a conventional system with N.S1 relays.
- Training for operation and maintenance staff.
- Route control, either using mission codes assigned to a trainset from the driver's cab, or directly at switching points.
- Detection using SIL4 axle counters and loops.
- Use of an Automatic Train Stop (signal crossing) system for managing a block system in tunnels.
- Lines: Four termini, two splits, three partial service zones, 10 tunnel spacing zones, one safety zone adjacent to the airport, for a total of 40 signalled routes.
- Maintenance centre: movement between two sidings, one workshop, one service station, one washing machine, for 100 simple or compound routes.
- 10 SIL4 automated safety PLCs.
- Supply of on-board equipment for 25 trainsets and two track maintenance machines (SIL2 Automatic train stop & Route command loop).
- Interface with a centralised technical management system, a line insertion assistance system, light signals, rolling stock, tunnel infrastructure (ventilation, doors), etc.
CENELEC SIL4 safety level for detection and signalling zone management functions.
Progressive start of revenue service on five sections.
A customised signalling system taking the operator’s requirements into account.
SIL4 software evaluated by an independent safety assessor.
Innovative management of tram signalling zones in the tunnel.